Florida Safety & Health Educators
||Thursday, March 15, 2018
11:45 AM to 1:00 PM
||American Police Hall of Fame
6350 Horizon Dr.
Titusville, FL 32780
Registration is closed
This is the Florida Qualification Course for retired officers to meet the Federal HR-218 Standard. Each participant will receive:
A copy of the HR-218 Bill
Explanation of the Course of Fire
Firearm Safety Briefing
Issuance of Qualification Cards (upon qualifying)
PLEASE BRING GUNS IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION THAT YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH HOW TO OPERATE. WE HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING TOO MANY SHOOTER/FIREARM INDUCED DELAYS. IT IS NOT FAIR TO EVERYONE ELSE TO HAVE TO STOP THE COURSE OF FIRE EVERY OTHER SHOT BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO OPERATE THEIR GUN OR BECAUSE IT IS CONTINUALLY MALFUNCTIONING. PAYMENT WILL BE MADE THE DAY OF THE SHOOT IN CASH PLEASE.
1) Firearm – The firearm you qualify with must be the same type you will carry.
2) Reloading Device – if qualifying with a revolver it is strongly recommended you use a speed loader (one speed loader). If qualifying with a semi-auto you must have a total of two magazines.
3) Eye protection and ear protection (available from range if necessary)
4) Ammunition – Each qualification attempt requires 40 rounds of ammunition, it is recommended you have enough ammunition for two qualifications attempts (80 rounds). Outside ammunition is allowed at this range or you can purchase your ammunition at this range. Shooters are also responsible for any other fees associated with the use of the range.
5) Holster – the firearm must be carried and drawn from a holster on the body. For safety reasons it is requested that only strong side, outside of the waist band holsters are used. This therefore means you need to wear pants with belt loops and wear a belt. The reload mechanism must also come from on the body, it is recommended you have a magazine or speed loader pouch.
6) Departmental Issued Picture I.D. Card showing you are a retired law enforcement officer/ correctional officer/correctional probation officer.
7) Florida Driver License
Comfortable clothing (Crew neck shirts, long pants, closed toe shoes)
Baseball style cap is highly recommended